When left untreated, gum disease can cause serious problems such as bone loss and gum recession. The good news is that advancements in dental technology have improved the way that this disease is treated. The LANAP procedure is a more comfortable, effective way to treat gum disease.
Known as the Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP for short), this method involves using a special laser to remove infected and dead gum tissue. The healthy, live tissue is left unharmed. In fact, LANAP stimulates healthy gum tissue to regenerate.
The following animation explains how LANAP works:
In comparison to other traditional gum disease treatments, patients who undergo LANAP can expect:
- Less discomfort after the procedure
- Less inflammation and bleeding during and after the procedure
- A lower risk for dental decay
- A more aesthetically pleasing appearance of the gums
- A faster rate of healing and gum re-growth
If you have gum disease, please ask our staff about using LANAP as your treatment solution. To make an appointment, call our office at 919-468-6410.
Take care of your smile!